What do you think is the difference between Interstate And Intrastate Operating Authority?

So, when you operate a commercial vehicle in the United States, you need an interstate operating authority. Operating authority gives you a legal right to do business, transport, or arrange to transport goods and/or passengers. 

The FMCSA manages the interstate operating authority, generally referred to as your MC Number. Intrastate operating authority is your legal right to operate all your commercial vehicles to transport goods and passengers within a state and its borders. Remember, each state has different rules and regulations with regard to intrastate transportation. If you are working within the state, you need proper registration for your USDOT Number or just your intrastate operating authority.